Hi, I am Jose Luis Silva, AI Physicist, Ph.D., Entrepreneur, Husband, and Father of 3 Dragons. I am passionate about Artificial Intelligence, Data-Driven Decision-Making, Modeling & Simulation. I hold a Ph.D. in Physics from Uppsala University, where I have published articles in high-impact profile Journals such as Advanced Materials (IF: 30.849), Small (IF: 13.281 ), The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (IF: 6.213), and JPCC (IF: 4.536). Currently, I am a Postdoctoral Researcher in Artificial Intelligence at Linköping University, Sweden. I have Founded Oxaala Technologies, an AI software company focused on consulting with Offices in Brazil and Sweden. Additionally, I am Head Manager at Stockholm AI, a non-profit organization with AI enthusiasts, professionals, and researchers aiming to establish Stockholm as a global player in AI. I’m also a reviewer for the Journal Vacuum IF: 3.67 (Elsevier) covering Materials Science & Machine Learning. Due to time constraints, I will only be able to share interesting topics weekly.
You Are Most Welcome!
Development of Artificial Intelligence models.
My Thesis: Modelling and Simulation of Electro-catalysts for Green Energy: From Solvated Complexes to Solid-Liquid Interfaces
• Teaching Experience: Mekanik Baskurs (2 years)
• Administrative Experience: Responsible for the Materials Theory Division Seminars.
• Resources: My Ph.D. was financed by Uppsala University, and the projects/travels were mixed - Supervisor Dr. Moyses Araujo, and Co-Supervisors Dr. Olle Björnholm, and Dr. Barbara Brena (i.e. STINT-CAPES Brazil-Sweden, Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, and Vetenskapsrådet).
• Computational Resources: KTH Beskow HPC, Tetralith SNIC, and Kebnekaise HPC. These projects involved approximately 300,000 cores*hours/month. I have written the project that was approved by the HPC Facility SNIC (JPCL 2019 Published).
• Experience: I have led the computational simulations of six projects using high-performance computing facilities to design materials for green energy.
•Programming Languages used: C/C++, Python, Matlab, and Shell-script.
• Metrics: 6 high-profile publications in international Journals.
• My Presentations:
Workshop: Trieste - Uppsala Meeting on Photoelectron Spectroscopy, Uppsala University, Sweden 2018. (Seminar)
CoTXS mini-workshop, Uppsala University, Sweden 2018. (Seminar)
SUNCAT Summer Institute, Fundamentals and Applications of Heterogeneous Catalysis, Stanford University, California, USA 2017 - Poster
European Congress and Exhibition on Advanced Materials and Processes EUROMAT2019, Stockholm, Sweden 2019 (Seminar) - Photo
College on Multiscale Computational Modeling of Materials for Energy Applications - ICTP, Trieste, Italy 2016 - Photo
• Lecturer in Theoretical and Experimental Physics I and II (UFBA/Devry University)
• Lecturer in Mechanics of Materials I and II (Devry University)
• Assistant Lecturer in Solid State Physics I (UFBA)
• MSc in Physics (UFBA) - Ranked 1st - Group: LaPO (Laboratory of Optical Properties) - Field: Solid State Physics and Computational Simulations. Group Leader: Prof. Antonio Ferreira. Supervisor: Prof. Denis Gilbert Francis David
• BSc in Mining and Petroleum Engineering (UFBA) (Completed 16 Courses in 1 year before moving to Physics) - Ranked 1st
• Marketing Director at Crystal Mining and Petroleum - Junior STARTUP (UFBA)
• BSc in Geophysics (UFBA) (Completed 2 years before moving to Sweden) - Ranked 1st
• Ph.D. in Geophysics (UFBA) (Completed 1 year before moving to Sweden) - Ranked 1st
• Junior and Master Scientific Research Scholarship (2,5 years BSc and 2 years of MSc - National Council for Scientific and Technological Development, CNPq, Brazil)
1 - Project: Simulation of CO2 and water injection in front reservoir using Apollonian Networks as a porous-media to improve oil recovery mechanisms. (Ansys Fluent) - Group: Statistical Physics and Complex Systems, Supervisor: Prof. Roberto Andrade (UFBA)
2 -Project: Study of Magnetic Properties in Paramagnetic Aggregates via First Principles Calculations - Supervisor: Prof. Roberto Rivelino (UFBA)
Non-profit Artificial Intelligence community in Stockholm.
Professional Network & Training.
Deep Neural Network Architectures and Markov Decision Processes for tracking multiple objects.
Poster: Nanodevices as micro-reactors for studying electrocatalytic hydrogen evolution reaction