I’m Jose Luis Silva, former Postdoc in Artificial Intelligence (2021-2023), Department of Computer and Information Science at Linköping University, Sweden. I hold a Ph.D. in Physics with Specialization in Atomic, Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics from Uppsala University (2020). During my Postdoc, I have won a co-application for Research & Development, CNPq/SEMPI/MCTI/FNDCT No 54/2022 – IA2 – Technology-Based Entrepreneurship in Artificial Intelligence to support the software prototype for automated seismic analysis in collaboration with GAIA Geophysics Research Lab (Brazil). I was also granted the VFN Grant 2022 at LiU for further development of initiatives in collaboration with the Industry. I was a Manager at Stockholm AI, Research Engineer at Veoneer (Summer of 2019), Chair at NeurIPS 2021 for the Workshop LatinX in AI, current member at LatinX in AI, and peer-reviewer for the NeurIPS, CVPR, Elsevier, and Gulf Arab Journal of Scientific Research covering AI & Machine Learning. If you have any questions, do not hesitate in contacting me! (NO SPAM)
Optimize ML Models and Deploy Human-in-the-Loop Pipelines 3 Projects – Description: When training ML models, hyperparameter tuning is a step…
Build and Deploy Machine Learning Pipelines using BERT and RoBERTa and Amazon Sagemaker 3 Projects Description: Automate a natural language…
Development of Artificial Intelligence models.
My Thesis: Modelling and Simulation of Electro-catalysts for Green Energy: From Solvated Complexes to Solid-Liquid Interfaces
• Teaching Experience: Mekanik Baskurs (2 years)
• Administrative Experience: Responsible for the Materials Theory Division Seminars.
• Resources: My Ph.D. was financed by Uppsala University, and the projects/travels were mixed - Supervisor Dr. Moyses Araujo, and Co-Supervisors Dr. Olle Björnholm, and Dr. Barbara Brena (i.e. STINT-CAPES Brazil-Sweden, Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, and Vetenskapsrådet).
• Computational Resources: KTH Beskow HPC, Tetralith SNIC, and Kebnekaise HPC. These projects involved approximately 300,000 cores*hours/month. I have written the project that was approved by the HPC Facility SNIC (JPCL 2019 Published).
• Experience: I have led the computational simulations of six projects using high-performance computing facilities to design materials for green energy.
•Programming Languages used: C/C++, Python, Matlab, and Shell-script.
• Metrics: 6 high-profile publications in international Journals.
• My Presentations:
Workshop: Trieste - Uppsala Meeting on Photoelectron Spectroscopy, Uppsala University, Sweden 2018. (Seminar)
CoTXS mini-workshop, Uppsala University, Sweden 2018. (Seminar)
SUNCAT Summer Institute, Fundamentals and Applications of Heterogeneous Catalysis, Stanford University, California, USA 2017 - Poster
European Congress and Exhibition on Advanced Materials and Processes EUROMAT2019, Stockholm, Sweden 2019 (Seminar) - Photo
College on Multiscale Computational Modeling of Materials for Energy Applications - ICTP, Trieste, Italy 2016 - Photo
• Lecturer in Theoretical and Experimental Physics I and II (UFBA/Devry University) Download
• Lecturer in Mechanics of Materials I and II (Devry University)
• MSc in Physics (UFBA) - Ranked 1st - Group: LaPO (Laboratory of Optical Properties) - Field: Solid State Physics and Computational Simulations. Group Leader: Prof. Antonio Ferreira. Supervisor: Prof. Denis Gilbert Francis David
• BSc in Mining and Petroleum Engineering (UFBA) (Completed 16 Courses in 1 year before moving to Physics) - Ranked 1st
• Marketing Director at Crystal Mining and Petroleum - Junior STARTUP (UFBA)
• BSc in Geophysics (UFBA) (Completed 2 years before moving to Sweden) - Ranked 1st
• Ph.D. in Geophysics (UFBA) (Completed 1 year before moving to Sweden) - Ranked 1st
• Junior and Master Scientific Research Scholarship (2,5 years BSc and 2 years of MSc - National Council for Scientific and Technological Development, CNPq, Brazil)
1 - Project: Simulation of CO2 and water injection in front reservoir using Apollonian Networks as a porous-media to improve oil recovery mechanisms. (Ansys Fluent) - Group: Statistical Physics and Complex Systems, Supervisor: Prof. Roberto Andrade (UFBA)
2 -Project: Study of Magnetic Properties in Paramagnetic Aggregates via First Principles Calculations - Supervisor: Prof. Roberto Rivelino (UFBA)
3 - CV Lattes
Connect, Learn & Share
Non-profit Artificial Intelligence community in Stockholm.
Deep Neural Network Architectures and Markov Decision Processes for tracking multiple objects.
Alvis cluster is a national SNIC resource dedicated for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning research.
Poster: Nanodevices as micro-reactors for studying electrocatalytic hydrogen evolution reaction