Ph.D., Physicist, Entrepreneur, Founder & CEO of Aicavity Global.
"Learning To Paint On-The-Fly"
During my Ph.D. - "I have explored Multiscale simulations to design more efficient energy materials and new operando spectroscopy methodologies."
I have also ... - " worked as a Research Engineer Intern at Veoneer with tracking multiple objects using Deep Learning (LSTM) and Markov Decision Processes (MDP) for autonomous vehicles.
As an Entrepreneur ... - "I have founded Aicavity.com - Expand Your Knowledge in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning."
You can check some of my recent publications in The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (IF: 7.329) - here, Small (IF: 10.856) - here and Advanced Materials (IF: 25.8). - here.
New paper published at JPCC (May 2020): here
Hi, I'm José Luis . I have B.S., M.S., Lic. and Ph.D. in Physics from Uppsala University. Additionally, I have taught thousands of students at Universities in Brazil and abroad. I'm the Founder and CEO of Aicavity Global, an online community to expand your knowledge in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning and Engineering. During my Ph.D. I have worked with computational simulations to design more efficient materials for energy applications in a joint collaboration with experimentalists. I have also worked as a Research Engineer at Veoneer with tracking multiple objects using LSTM and Markov Decision Processes (MDP).
Multiscale Simulations, High performance computing, hybrid AI, Deep Learning,
Machine Learning, Bayesian and Stochastic Methods.
High Performance Computing
Experience with paralelization of numerical subroutines using OPENMP and MPI
in C/C++ and Fortran.
Laboratory Assistant, Mechanics - Uppsala Universitet, 2018-2020.
Assistant Teacher, Mechanics I,II and Materials Mechanics I,II - UFBA, Devry University, 2013-2016
C/C ++, Shellscript, Matlab, Python, R, Java & Machine Learning/Deep Learning Pipelines (Keras, Tensorflow & Pytorch and other libraries). I will start uploading my github.
Free Courses to support AICAVITY activities in Engineering and Coding. (Versions PT and EN)
Einstein, stop telling God
what to do
with his dice!
I'm involved in the following Research Projects:
1. Spectroscopic Fingerprints of H-bonded g-C3N4 building block structures - X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and NEXAFS
using Density Functional Theory.
2. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy of Ruthenium Complexes in aqueous Environment - Development of new tools
to obtain X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy using a sequential approach to evaluate the sensitivity of Ruthenium complexes
as catalysers during PCET reactions in water - Monte Carlo Simulations and Density Functional Theory.
3. Modeling and Design of more efficient metal-TMDs heterostructure devices as electrocatalysers for HER and OER. - Tracking potential descriptors
to enhance HER and OER activity - Density Functional Theory.
4. Detection and Tracking of multiple objects for autonomous sytems using Artificial Intelligence. - Deep Reinforcement Learning and Markov Decision Processes for an efficient tracking.
Most recent Publications:
1. g-C3N4/WTe2 Hybrid Electrocatalyst for Efficient Hydrogen Evolution Reaction -
J. Luis Silva, Barbara Brena, Carlos Moyses Araujo - Published in JPCC (May 2020) - direct link or download
2. X-ray Photoelectron Fingerprints of High-Valent Ruthenium–Oxo Complexes Along the Oxidation Reaction Pathway in
Aqueous Environment - Silva, Jose Luis; Unger, Isaak; Matias , Tiago ; Franco, Leandro ; Damas, Giane Benvinda; Costa,
Luciano; Rocha, Tulio; de Brito, Arnaldo; Saak, Clara-Magdalena; Coutinho, Kaline; Araki, Koiti; Bjorneholm, Olle; Brena, Barbara; Araujo,
Carlos Moyses - Published in The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (2019) - direct link or download
3. Unveiling the interfacial effects for enhanced hydrogen evolution reaction on the MoS2/WTe2 hybrid structures
- Y. Zhou, J. V. Pondick, J. Luis Silva, J. M. Woods, D. J. Hynek, G. Matthews, X. Shen, Q. Feng, W. Liu, Z. Lu, Z. Liang, B. Brena, Z. Cai, M. Wu, L. Jiao, S. Hu, H. Wang, C. Moyses Araujo, J. J. Cha, Published in Small (2019) direct link or download
4. Revealing the contribution of individual factors to hydrogen evolution reaction catalytic activity
- Y. Zhou, J. Luis Silva, J. M. Woods, J. V. Pondick, Q. Feng, Z. Liang, W. Liu, L. Lin, B. Deng, B. Brena, F. Xia, H. Peng, Z. Liu, H. Wang, C. Moyses Araujo, J. J. Cha,
Published in Advanced Materials (2018) - direct link or download
5. Spectroscopic fingerprints of intermolecular H‐bonding interactions in carbon nitride model compounds
- Valeria Lanzilotto, J. Luis Silva, Teng Zhang, Cesare Grazioli, Matuš Stredansky, Konstantin Simonov, Erika
Giangrisostomi, Ruslan Ovsyannikov, Monica de Simone, Marcello Coreno, C. Moyses Araujo, Barbara Brena and
Carla Puglia, Published in ChemEurJ (2018) - direct link or download
6. Hydrated Electron Generation by Excitation of Copper Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance
- Mariia V. Pavliuk, Sol Gutiérrez Álvarez, Yocefu Hattori, Maria E. Messing, Joanna Czapla-Masztafiak,
Jakub Szlachetko, J. Luis Silva, Carlos Moyses Araujo, Daniel L. A. Fernandes, Li Lu, Christopher J. Kiely,
Mohamed Abdellah, Peter Nordlander, and Jacinto Sá - Published in The Journal of
Physical Chemistry Letters (2019) - direct link or download
Here you can find my github repositories, references and general informations about Machine Learning, Aritificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Computer Vision and other projects.
Leave a message
ÅNGSTRÖMLABORATORIET, LÄGERHYDDSVÄGEN 1
- POSTADRESS: BOX 516, 751 20 UPPSALA
You can also reach me through my Uppsala University profile here